Bonaire is the second Caribbean island in the ABC islands, primarily known for it incredible underwater experience. Many divers come here every year to local festivals, but also to simply explore the underwater of this island and discover new pieces of it.
Curious to the reasons why YOU should visit Bonaire?
- The underwater world – as previously stated, Bonaire is the perfect place for snorkeling and scuba diving. Captain Don Stewart did his best to promote this island’s beauty, and he successfully managed to do more than that. He made Bonaire one of the top diving destinations
- Nature – Bonaire is the most natural island out of all 3, providing you with an amazing nature-related experience. The Washington Slagbaai National Park and Bonaire National Marine Park should be on your “Must see” list.
- Bird watching – over 150 bird species live on Bonaire, including the famous flamingo. Only four places in the world have these birds and Bonaire is one of them.
- Unique cuisine – you can enjoy a nice dish by the light of candles in one of the best restaurants in Bonaire. La Balandra could be considered the restaurant with a unique It was built resembling a Spanish ship, making the whole dining experience even better.
- No traffic lights – This might not sound like the best reason to visit the island, but it shows how laid back and quiet the island is. There is virtually no traffic, very little roads and therefore no need for traffic lights.
- Friendly islanders – people can make the place more agreeable. In Bonaire, the locals are friendly and eager to help anyone who is interested to discover the beauty of their island.
- The activities – even though it is a small island, there are plenty of things you can do in Bonaire. You can learn about the ecosystem; you can go horseback riding, or you can go kayaking with your friends and family. And these are only some of the many great adventures you can embark on Bonaire.
- Great atmosphere – here you will forget all about your problems and simply enjoy this experience, thanks to the white sand and the calming sound of the waves.
These 8 reasons to visit Bonaire will give only an idea of what you can expect from a holiday on this island, but the best thing you can do is to come and experience all of that on your own.