Going on a beautiful, exotic island is waking up your desire for fun, of feeling free and letting go of all worries, fears, and problems. You want some fresh air, you desire to feel adventurous and learn how to enjoy an experience of this kind at its true potential. And what better way to do that than to explore the Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao’s best events?
Although they might not be as big or as developed as a country, the ABC islands offer their tourists a great deal when it comes to carnivals and festivals.
What are some of the best events on Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao?
Here is a list of 10 best events taking place on these islands:
- Aruba Carnival – this event is taking place each year in February since 1954, when it was only a small parade where people would dance. But from then it evolved, and it became a dancing ceremony that gathers most locals and brings tourists each year.
- Dive into adventure – as Bonaire is the island where most divers go to, it is obvious why this event would take place here. The event is dedicated to people who love activities such as diving, but also to nature and sea lovers. Just like the carnival in Aruba, this event also takes place each year.
- Curaçao Heineken Regatta – hosted by the biggest brewer, this event is sports related, where sailors enter a 3-day competition for a prize. While they are out on the sea, barbeques and parties continue on the land.
- Aruba Summer Festival – between 24th and 26th of June, this Music Festival, which is relatively new, will take place in Aruba. The first edition was a true success, and it grew from there.
- Jazz Festival in Aruba– for jazz lovers, this event will turn into a lifetime experience. Between 23rd and 24th of September, you can come at Renaissance Market Place and enjoy some of the most talented jazz players.
- Seu Festival in Curacao – if you plan to visit this island during the Easter holiday, you will have the chance to take part in their biggest cultural event and harvest festival known as Seu.
- Underwater cleanup – a great event in Bonaire and an awesome chance to make a difference for the underworld. This one combines diving with waste removal. You are protecting the sea while having fun.
- Salsa tour – on Curacao you can enjoy a week full of Salsa, workshops and live concerts in August.
- Aruba Reggae Festival – Aruba created a special event for people who love reggae music and want to share their love with each other. The first edition was in 2014, and it was a complete hit.
- Bon Bini Festival – this is more of a cultural event in Aruba, a way of saying “Welcome”, which gives you the great opportunity to explore this island’s culture and folkloric music.
Here are the 10 best events on Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. There are much more on each of these islands, but it is all a matter of when you get here and how adventurous you feel.